This week we've launched a national regional television advertising campaign that will see family day care promoted until January 2019.If you haven't seen our commercials check out one below.
Posted by Family Day Care Australia on Tuesday, 16 October 2018
Our service is sponsored by Clarence City Council and has educators throughout southern Tasmania, including the Clarence, Brighton, Glenorchy, Hobart, Sorell and Tasman municipalities. The scheme is an approved service under the Education and Care Services National Law and meets the operational requirements of the National Regulations and Quality Standards.
Our vision is to deliver quality home-based child care that provides flexible responses in meeting the individual needs of children and their families.
What is Family Day Care?
Family Day Care is a quality child care service that offers professional and flexible care in small groups for children up to 13 years of age within the private homes of registered educators.
The emphasis is on a family environment that is welcoming, supportive, friendly and safe and which provides opportunities and experiences for children to learn, discover and grow.
Many educators attend playgroups and participate in activities with other educators so that children can socialise in larger group settings.
Child Care Subsidy is available through the Commonwealth Government.
Go to Vacancies for Care.
Who is a Family Day Care educator?
Every educator is different, each providing a unique and stimulating environment to nurture the development of children in their care.
All educators and their homes must meet the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Law, National Regulations 2011 and the National Quality Standard.
Educators must have current first aid, EAM, anaphylaxis, CPR and Working with Vulnerable People check and have or are working towards child care qualifications.
Educators are self employed, may be flexible in their working days.
The Scheme is managed by an experienced, professional team of highly qualified and committed people whose role is to:
- Recruit, register and provide on-going training opportunities for educators in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Law and National Regulations, The National Quality Standards and Scheme policies
- Monitor and support educators with regular visits
- Assist parents with their child care requirements
- Maintain a waiting list for children who require care within the scheme
- Liaise with relevant professional organisations
- Keep abreast of current practice and directions in child care
- Administer government fee subsidies and meet other legislative and reporting requirements.
Information for Current Educators
Brochures and Forms
Like our Facbook page –
Family Day Care Australia – www.fdca.com.au
17 – 19 ALMA STREET, BELLERIVE TAS 7018
PO BOX 96 ROSNY PARK TAS 7018
TEL 03 6217 9610